This page briefly describes how to fix the clock generator circuit of the old 250407 board using the CSG8701-replacement
- remove the metal shield
- (Y1) Crystal - remove
- (FB17) Ferrite Bead - de-solder the pin to the left and bend it up
- (FB16) Ferrite Bead - remove
- (C36) Capacitor - remove
- remove the pins from the CSG8701 replacement (so you can safely close the metal shield later)
- (1) connect pin 6 of the CSG8701 replacement to the open pin of FB17 (dot clock)
- (2) connect pin 9 of the CSG8701 replacement to GND
- (3) connect pin 15 of the CSG8701 replacement to VCC (solder joint between R16 and C84)
- (4) connect pin 8 of the CSG8701 replacement to the solder joint that connected to the left pin of FB16 (colour clock)
- on the backside of the metal shield put some electrical tape at the position above the CSG8701 replacement to avoid any shortcuts.
- close the metal shield again. make sure the copper part firmly presses the VIC chip.