"ChaCo" (CHAmeleon COntrol) is the tool that will let you flash/update core files, inspect memory and other things. In the past years many other tools have been ported to use the chameleon remote USB features, you can find them in our public SVN repository.
In the past years we received no more bug reports regarding the update program and chaco - which hopefully means it does now work stable enough :)
The following are some previously existing bugs that we assume to be fixed - if you still see them, please report them in our forum.
- There seems to be a problem that when the Chameleon is connected via an USB hub slows down all kinds of transfers dramatically. In such a case please try connecting the Chameleon directly to your PC and see if the problem persists.
- Some stability problems (crashes) have been reported for previous versions in windows.
- The provided linux binaries are compiled for 64bit and may require libraries not available on your system. We provide the full source in our SVN repository so you can compile all the tools for your system.
When reporting problems please include the following information:
- First of all, try if “chacocmd” works (rather than the ChaCo GUI)
- The exact type and version of your operating system
- On linux, the output of "uname -a" on the commandline (will include kernel version)
- On linux, the output of "wx-config --version-full --cxxflags --cflags --cppflags --libs"
- last not least: a detailed description on how to reproduce the problem