Flickerfixer for Amiga with OCS/ECS
This version of the popular flickerfixer is designed for Amiga models with OCS and ECS and a socketed Denise chip (i.e. Amiga 500(+), Amiga 2000, Amiga 3000, CDTV). The Amiga 600 is also supported if the A604n Memory Expansion is installed. Users of the Amiga 1000 can use the flickerfixer with an adapter that's available for a low price.
All screenmodes are converted to frequencies of 60Hz or more (output can be reduced to 50 Hz to avoid tearing effects), and the S-Hires mode of the ECS chipset is displayed in full resolution. Indivision ECS can display the ECS screenmodes even on systems that only have an OCS Denise chip, the only requirement is an ECS Agnus chip (which is usually present in all Amiga models made in 1990 or later).
Non-interlaced modes can be 'downgraded' with the built-in scanline emulation to achieve the warm and fuzzy retro feeling that your 1084 monitor provided back in the days. Another novelty is the built-in Graffiti emulation. Software that makes use of the Graffiti modes can display 256 out of 4096 colours without HAM artefacts.
When using two Indivision ECS, your Amiga is able to run a dual-screen setup, so it can have two separate screens showing their own independent picture (i.e. different output on both screens, not one screen cloned on the other)! We're working on a driver that will support this feature in the future.
The Fine Print: Indivision ECS was designed to work with all OCS/ECS Amiga models with as little hassle as possible (hence its unusual shape). However, due to the multitude of different boards, there are a few cases where additional modifications are required:
- Amiga 600:
A604n Memory Expansion required for operation. To avoid short circuits, the metal shield must either be cut or removed entirely (most Amiga 600 computers were delivered without the shield in the first place, so this is a minor issue).
- Amiga 3000:
Due to space constraints, the battery clock must either be moved or removed.
- Amiga 3000T:
Indivision ECS needs at least two additional sockets to be lifted over board components. The video slot is partially covered, there could be space problems with a long Zorro card in the uppermost slot.
- Amiga 2000 (Rev. 4.1 and 4.3 only, other revisions have no such limitation):
Due to space constraints, one electrolytic capacitor must either be moved or replaced by a flatter version.
- Amiga 1000:
Adapter board required, because the power supply is in the way.
- User Manual (German) (French) including very high-resolution pictures.
- Indivision ECS software V1.01 (july 13th, 2010) includes Indivision ECS core V1.01 and Config/Flash tools V0.9. please read the included readme!!
- Indivision ECS Update file V1.10 (september 7th, 2010) - pure update file, please flash with flash tool.
- Indivision ECS Update file V1.15 (june 3rd, 2012) - pure update file, please flash with flash tool. This includes changes of V1.10, but uses lower power settings for the FPGA, which may improve performance with flaky power supplies.
- BMP-picture viewer 1024x768/12-bit includes example picture in 4096 colours. requires Core V1.0!
- Individual Computers' Shop (selected Products)
Please shop locally. Our partners are listed in alphabetical order.