On this page you can find a list of monitors/displays reported to work (or not) from our users of the C64 turbo chameleon core.
- for a list of monitors compatible with the MiniMig core, look here.
- (9) AOC 27" 3D LED D2769Vh - Listed by manufacturer as 50hz as lowest freq. Works with Chameleon C64 and MiniMig core, at 50 hz! 800x600 on C64 core, the image needs to be set to correct aspect on monitor 4:3.Drawback is that it does not fill the whole monitor 4:3, there is an about 1 cm band of blackat top and bottom and ofcourse on the sides. Minimig core appears to fill almost all 4:3 space. (When correct overscan is set in Workbench lassic.)
- (8g) Asus 197N (17" LED monitor, with VGA & DVI inputs)
- (8g) Asus 198D (19" LED monitor, with only VGA input)
- (8c) BENQ;G2200W - (50Hz, VIC-Sync OK)
- (8h) Eizo Flexscan L568, 17" TFT: works in all modes, 50 and 60Hz supported. Problem with this monitor though is that it has a relatively high latency, which makes for a blurry screen on horizontal scrolling images.
- (8c) HP1240 - (50Hz, VIC-Sync OK)
- (8c) LG;Flatron E2250V - (50Hz, VIC-Sync OK)
- (8g) Sony TFT LCD SDM-S71
- Viewsonic VX2753MH-LED - (50Hz, VIC-Sync OK)
- Eizo Flexscan S1910 - (50Hz, VIC-Sync OK)
- Hercules ProphetView 720 - (50Hz, VIC-Sync OK)
- Eizo Foris FX2431-BK
- LG LM620 LED LCD TV
- TM1510NLD (no name, likely relabled NEC) - (50Hz, VIC-Sync OK)
- MAG Innovision 17" "works well vith VGA at any refresh rate"
- Trinitron 21" DELL "works well vith VGA at any refresh rate, has a remarkably colorful and flickerfree picture at nearly 80 Hz despite not being a flat screen type monitor. The downside is that it weighs in at around 25 Kg and draws a lot of power."
- (8g) NEC Multisync LCD2070nx 20" (1600x1200) - (1600x1200@50hz won't sync, all other resolutions work. VIC-Sync does NOT work)
- (8h) NEC MultiSync XV15+ , 15" CRT : works in all modes, 50 and 60Hz supported. Recommended even :)
- AMIGA M1438S (requires a 23pin sub-d to VGA adapter)
- Acer X110P "works well when VGA is set to 800x600 (Projectors native resolution) and 50hz with VIC sync There are no issues with misalignment and the whole of screen is covered by the C64's display. Silky smooth scrolling with no jitter."
- (8) Asus VG278H (fails to synchronize, no image)
- (8) Silicon Graphics 1600sw through SGI/Multilink (fails to synchronize, no image)
- (8) Digitus DS-40201 active VGA to DVI converter (fails to synchronize, no image)